Thursday, November 17, 2011

I read blogs daily and I am so sad when I don't see new posts on these blogs for several days.  Then I remember I haven't done an update in almost a year.  Even though I've had several posts in my head at different times, I never seem to get them down here - so here's goes an update!

One of the major highlights in the past year is the birth of our second grandchild - a daughter born to Alyssa and Lichar last March.  Here are a few pics of Mailee and her big brother, Kaiden. 

Very alert at only one day old!
 Kaiden loved her immediately!

Sandy and I didn't make it to Houston for Mailee's birth but we were there before the day was over.  I stayed for a little over two weeks and then had to fly home.  Sandy was able to stay for three weeks to help out.  
 Mailee was only a week old when we took her on her first outing - the homecoming for the STS-133 crew at Ellington Field.  Kaiden and Poppy had a great time inspecting the NASA planes.
Poppy and Kaiden wanted to do a little fishing so we all went to Challenger Park.  It started out a little windy at first but we all had a really good time.  We had a little picnic and Kaiden and Lichar threw the frisbie and kicked the soccer ball. 

 Ashley just chilled out!
 Before I headed back to Amarillo I dressed up this little doll with a bow and headband!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Nice to see you back. Your Grandkids are adorable!! Maybe sometime when you and Sandy are in town we can meet for dinner somewhere. I know it's hard 'cause you want to spend every precious moment with the kids and grands.