Saturday, January 17, 2009

Soon To Be Grandparents

We received a call from Alyssa about 4:50 this afternoon saying she was on the way to the hospital.  I had talked to her around 11:00 this morning and she seemed fine so I was totally surprised.  When she called, Sandy and I were on the way to the grocery store and a few other errands so we turned around and headed back home.  I called Ashley and had her check the flight schedule.  The last flight out of Amarillo left at 6:30 p.m.  Fortunately I had packed most of my clothes this afternoon so we finished throwing things into suitcases.  My mother came to take us to the airport.  I tried to call Southwest but couldn't get through so we took off for the airport arriving about 5:55.  The flight stopped in Dallas but we did not have to change plans.  We landed in Houston about 8:45 and Ashley picked us up at the airport and here we are at the hospital.

Alyssa's contractions started in earnest around 2:00.  When she got to the hospital she was dilated to a 3.  The doctor came and broke her water and then gave her an epidural.  We poked our heads in the door very briefly and said hi and now we are waiting in the waiting room.  At the last report from Lichar, the nurse said she was about a 9 and she could see the head.  Shouldn't be too long now.

2 comments:

Abby said...

It looks like it wants to be a 1-18 baby!! Keep me updated.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! YAY!!